Learn How Water Heater Maintenance Can Help You Save Money
Water heating is a very important aspect of most people daily lives. This is especially true for residents who live in areas of the world that experiences extreme seasonal changes. Imagine living in Newfoundland, Canada without a properly working water heater. Neighbors and family members, living nearby with a water heater would get daily visits from you. Using a water heater efficiently can be just as important as purchasing one. They are known to consume enormous amounts of energy and are the main culprits for high energy bills. This article will address a few simple ways to combat this high energy rate crisis and ensure that a water heater‘s induction into any home isn’t an overly costly one.
1. The first attitude change that should be emphasized among household occupants is the importance of taking short showers instead of long baths. A short shower reduces the amount of hot water that the water heater has to process at any given time. On the other hand, baths usually require two fill ups. As such, one tends to overlook the amount of water that it takes to fill a tub, even a small one. A water heater has to work extensively to fill a bath twice.
2. Lowering the thermostat on the water heater to below 120 degrees Fahrenheit is always a good way to save on energy bills. Most households were socialized with the notion that the hotter the water, the better it is for us. This ideal is the biggest contributor to the high energy bills annually. Water doesn’t need to be scolding hot to be able to do its job. Keeping it at a mild 120 degrees Fahrenheit or lower, is easier on the wallet and safer for the skin.
3. Ensure that only the required laundry loads uses hot water. Whenever the heater heats water for a washer doing numerous hot water loads, it tends to overwork the water heater unit. This overworking is ultimately reflected in the monthly energy bills.
4. Using the automatic dishwasher less, is also an efficient way to cut back on energy consumption. Encourage the family to use the dishwasher less and if it must be used, ensure that the items to be washed are enough to fill the washer and were soaked prior to them being washed.
5. It is always a good idea to insulate the water heater storage tank. By doing so, it reduces the need to keep the heater on all day every day. The members of the household will be able to indulge in the benefits of the water heater even is the unit is turned down or off. Insulation regulates the water temperature and allows the unit to work more efficiently.
Looking for water heater services in the Round lake area? Call (847) 855-0000 today for quick and effective services from Duane Blanton professionals.