Questions You Should Ask A Plumber Before Hiring One
If you are thinking about hiring a plumber, it is imperative to find a reputable company. You will want to consider more than one company and may even want to spend a few minutes on the internet briefly researching each prospective plumber. Then some phone calls to the prospective plumbers will need to be made. If a plumbing business does not answer the phone, please leave a message and they should get back to you the same day or within a couple hours, depending on the severity of your issue. Once you do get someone on the line, here are some suggestions as to what to ask them:
1. Do you have a license? When they are licensed then you know that they have shown that they have knowledge and experience and are aware of building codes.
2. Are you insured? This insurance will protect you if anything is damaged during the repair.
3. Do you charge for estimates? Is travel additional? Also ask them if the estimate cost would be applied as a credit toward the bill if you should hire them for the project for which you are requesting an estimate.
4. Do you make emergency house calls? What if it is in the middle of the night? How quickly can you respond? What is the extra charge for visits during off hours?
5. How much experience do they have? Do you have any specialties? Many plumbers do specialize in one area of plumbing which can save you time and money.
6. What is their rate? Do they charge by the hour or the project?
7. How long have they been in business? If they have been around for a while, then you know they provide quality service.
8. Does the company have a website? Does the company have a physical address? These are good signs of legitimacy.
9. Do you guarantee your work? Ask for more specifics on what the guarantee includes.
Doing a bit of homework beforehand will save you a great deal of money, frustration and provide peace of mind.
Are you looking for a home plumber in the Round Lake area? Call Duane Blanton Plumbing at (847) 855-0000 and get started today!