Benefits of Having a Sump Pump
A small amount of water in your basement can equal a large amount of money spent in repairs! Aside from preventing flooding and flood damage, there are many other benefits to having a sump pump.
• A properly installed sump pump can actually increase the property value of a home.
• A sump pump will control humidity.
• It helps reduce insect infestation.
• Having a sump pump will reduce rust on any metal equipment in the basement.
• Since water can cause electric appliances to short circuit, a sump pump reduces the risk of fire caused by flooding.
Hire a Professional
There are many different types of pumps and options to consider when purchasing and installing a pump. Manual pumps are less expensive, while automatic pumps are far more convenient for most people. Pedestal pumps have a motor located above the sump, while submersible pumps have the motor sealed inside the pump. Different types of sump pumps have different levels of power. You will also need a ground fault circuit interrupter. These examples just barely touch all the different things to think about when purchasing a sump pump.
Making the decision about what the best sump pump is for your circumstance can be confusing. A professional will be able to guide you in choosing the best pump for your unique situation. They will also be able to install it correctly and make sure that the sump pump meets all mandated requirements.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Don’t wait until it’s too late to protect your home! To install, service, or repair a sump pump in your Round Lake area home, call the experts of Duane Blanton Plumbing at (847) 855-0000.