Your home is an investment you need to protect. When slab leaks occur, make sure you call a reliable plumbing technician for help right away. Water leaking under the concrete slab foundation of your home will cause a slab leak. This can quickly turn into extensive property damage if not handled in a timely manner.
Don’t forget to print out our latest coupons and special discounts!
How Do I Know If I Have a Slab Leak?
There are several signs to look out for if you suspect a slab leak.
- Unexpected increase in your water bill: If your next bill is higher than normal, and you haven’t noticed a change in your regular water usage, you may have a slab leak.
- Very low water pressure
- Unusual smells: The smell of mold, in particular, can often indicate a slab leak.
- Unexplained water damage at ground level: This includes wet flooring, linoleum bubbling up, and cracked tiles.
- Sudden separation of wall and baseboards
- Water rising from below your home’s foundation
The sooner these problems are handled, the less extensive the resulting damage.
What Happens During a Slab Leak Repair?
The first thing we will do is locate the leak, once the leak is pinpointed, we will begin to remove the flooring to access the damaged area. This may seem intrusive, but it is necessary to return your home to a safe condition.
After the flooring is removed, we will drill a hole through the concrete slab, doing our best to make the hole as inconspicuous as possible. We will then remove the damaged pipe and replace it with new material. After the new piping is put in place, we will make sure the leak is repaired properly before fixing the concrete slab.
Before we leave, we will offer best practices for avoiding slab leaks in the future.